Bad breath is incredibly frustrating, discouraging, and embarrassing. Beyond this, it can catch us off guard without any products on hand. Thankfully, Dr. Creighton Gallagher and team at Overland Park Family Dental are happy to alongside you in addition to these home remedies for bad breath.
1. Hydrate. Drink plenty of water. Swish it around in your mouth in the morning, as well as after you eat. Odor-producing bacteria can begin to grow easily when your mouth becomes too dry.
2. Daily Care. Every day, brush, floss, and clean/scrape your tongue. Food particles left over time will enhance bad breath and harm your teeth. Don’t forget to replace your toothbrush every few months.
3. Stop Smoking. In addition to causing many health issues, smoking leads to bad breath.
4. Cinnamon Mouth-Rinse. Boil one teaspoon cinnamon powder in a cup of water, strain, and rinse.
5. Cloves and Parsley. Chew on a few of these leaves, thoroughly, or drink a cup of tea using cloves and boiling water.
6. Lemon Juice. Swish your mouth with lemon juice to not only mask the bad breath, but to prevent further bacteria from growing in your mouth.
7. Food/Diet. Eat raw, crunchy foods like carrots and apples which help to clean teeth and reduce odor (not to mention the other non-sugary benefits).
8. Regularly schedule and attend dentist appointments. At Overland Park Family Dental you can even request a family-block dental exam and cleaning.
*Of course, for any further suggestions, if you’ve questions, or to make your appointment, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you.